Annexure – II
A list of areas suggested by participants is as follows:
ICT FOR HEALTHCARE
- Targeted solution for resource under-served rural sector e.g. e-Health, m-Health/ mobile apps, space technology for health literacy, healthy living through creating awareness, prevention and control, treatment compliance
- Novel tools for Integrated Surveillance of Non Communicable Disease and Health Management Informatic Systems for smooth flow of information and reduction of paper work at peripheral level and decision support systems: work closely with National Health Mission and National Program for Cancer, Diabetes, CVD and Stroke; involve AYUSH for traditional healthcare.
- Portable field device for testing and data collection
- Neurological diseases and regenerative medicine: Certain psychometric questions can be devised and asked through app
- Identification of hotspots of malaria, dengue, JE through Geographical Information System (GIS);
- Monitoring adverse drug reactions, pharmaco vigilance
(Upgradation of existing prototypes to be considered; Development of portable affordable medical devices involving biosensor design, design of low-power miniatured multi-parameter physiological signal acquisition hardware, design of real-time low-complexity biosignal processing techniques for assessing signal quality and extracting vital signs, cyber physical medical systems, IoT, BLE, WiFi Modules, physical Activity Monitoring and medical User Interface)
- Point of care (POC) diagnostics including but not restricted to Photonics based devices: POCs for malaria including molecular tools for detecting low levels of parasitemia ; Handheld devices for screening pneumonia in new born; POC based detection of pesticides and heavy metal in food, detection of stroke, dementia, epilepsy, diabetes etc.
- Screening tools for Non Communicable Diseases mainly Cervical cancer (Self empowering women) and Oral Cancer, Diabetes, Hypertension . Early detection tools for of helicobacter pylori and alzheimer’s disease
- BP measurement device for rural population
- Health Kiosks for diabetes, blood pressure, etc
- Mobile Units for Diagnostics: e.g. X Rays, ultrasound, etc. Development of small, cheap, multiple testings, rugged, solar energy driven portable Autoanalyzer system ( on a cycle/ motorbike) with reduced need for imported reagents for providing lab diagnostics in rural parts
- Lab on Cloud
- Gene radar like systems for detecting viral/bacterial loads from small samples in minimal time, tools for detecting mosquito breeding
- Antimicrobial resistance especially in tuberculosis and malaria
- New diagnostics at field and sub district level- TB, MDRTB, XDRTB
- for providing healthcare in rural and remote parts of the country
- Telemedicine linkage District hospital with Med Coll Depts. and Medical Colleges themselves to ensure good quality transmission and effectiveness rather than jumping to periphery
- Data, image that are already available need better analysis. Adriano or Raspberry Pie platform can be used by all for developing plug and play like solutions. An open source approach can be thought.
- Heart Diseases: Burden of heart attack is increasing and also among young where fatality occurs before the patient is brought to hospital. Technology required for electrocardiography related telemedicine and imparting basic skill required in such a case
COMPUTATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE AND BIOSIGNAL PROCESSING
MOTHER AND CHILD CARE
- Empowering mother through decision support systems: e.g. Fetal heart sound and fetal daily movement count use to monitor progress of fetus.
- Decision support systems for front line workers for maternal health and detection of anemia through non-invasive hemoglobinometers
- Maternal and Child Nutrition for preventing malnutrition particularly anemia
- Solution for detection of degree of postpartum haemorrhage and its control through innovative technologies
- Blood pressure (BP) measuring device using cuff sizes for children
- Solar power based warmer in rural area for neonatal care
- oxygen concentrator
- POC based biomarker identification at childhood for disease that manifest at later age.
- Monitoring of growth of children (through apps)
- Available RTE healthy snacks and meal replacement for children/ adults specifically commercially available
- Diagnosis, treatment and after-care.
BONE HEALTH RELATED REDUCTION IN DISEASE BURDEN ( with focus on elderly care)
- Teaching elders fall prevention; psychomotor skill; wearable devices to generate alert if fall occurs
- Avoiding accidents in young
EMERGENCY AND TRAUMA CARE
- Tissue engineering, regenerative medicine: Need for Artificial skin in burn cases
- psychological and social support for elderly
- FU chronic diseases- monitoring, management and algorithm based clinical decision to continue same treatment or consult
REHABILITATION AND ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES
- Mobile phone based rehabilitation for physical, psychological, stimulation, cognitive deficits in stroke, epilepsy, dementia
- Technology for visually impaired
HUMAN RESOURCE BUILDING
- Virtual Teaching/Training platforms: e medical learning
- Drones for drug distribution to peripheral areas
- Innovative processes/ technology related to supply/distribution chain
- Reduction in cost of drugs through reduction in manufacturing costs
- Fixed drug combinations for chronic diseases
SURGERY , INTERVENTIONS AND LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS
- Better ventilator support
- Better 3D printing technology
- Re-engineering to address issues like development of surgical stapler, stents and cathetars
- Medical Internet-of-Things (IoT), communication, System-on-Chip (SoC), intelligent processing – a general platform would help. Inclusion of local environment condition and accordingly prediction.
- Use through devising appropriate protocols and validating the same: e.g. role of dai in delivery, traditional medicines, yoga, etc
- Pulse analysis using ayurvedic concept
HEALTHCARE AND OTHER RELATED SYSTEMS
- Avoid rushing at out-patient department (OPD)
- Better building norms to prevent fall
PORTABLE WATER and SANITATION
Nominee from Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation wanted investigation on specific role of pesticide and heavy metal in cancer related problems.
- Instant, portable water filter for removing microbiological contamination for individual use
- Portable water filtration systems for removing microbilogical, pesticide, heavy metal contamination in drinking water
- bio-digestible latrines, etc.
- Indigenous manufacture of imported material
PREVENTION AND CONTROL
- Indoor mosquito control by innovative applied at entry site- doors and windows.
- If a small, affordable device lets one know the quality of what is taken as food, water, air and even medicine, then the individual has better control over one’s health if health literate.